This is not a book club. So don’t feel guilty about not reading or listening. I’m looking for suggestions on incisive, non-mainstream voices to cut through the crap. We’ve got a lot of patriarchal gas-lighting about an imaginary world full of benevolent whiteness going around.
Join me to share your own recommendations on Facebook or in the comments of “My Recommendations” posts.
- Podcast: Revisionist History with Malcolm Gladwell
- Book: White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism by Robin DiAngelo
- Book: Just Mercy by Bryan Stevenson
- Book: The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas
- Book: So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo
- Podcast: In the Dark, season 2
- Book: The Black and the Blue: A Cop Reveals the Crimes, Racism, and Injustice in America’s Law Enforcement by Matthew Horace with Ron Harris
- Podcasts: In the Thick and On One with Angela Rye